The purchase or sale of a business is one of the most important transactions in the professional life of a client and requires your highest level of skill and knowledge. Many complex issues arise that must be carefully analyzed before moving ahead with the transaction. Practitioners are required to balance the desire of clients to make a deal with the need to carefully craft terms and conditions to avoid subsequent problems and litigation. This course will assist you in handling every aspect of your client's purchase or sale of a business.
Summary of Contents
- The Acquisition Process
- Due Diligence
- Transferee Liability in Asset Sales
- Employee Benefits Considerations
- Hart-Scott-Rodino Notification
- Securities Law Implications
- Opinions of Counsel
- Consulting and Employment Agreements
- Other Labor and Employment Issues
- Environmental Considerations in Buying and Selling a Business
- Tax Considerations
- Subject Index
All attendees will receive the course book as a digital download.
Recorded in October 2023.