This book contains a concise, thorough introduction and review of assessment law, a step-by-step explanation of every significant aspect of assessment procedure, and the practical guidance to understand and apply both of them. The 17th edition is current through April 21, 2022.
Summary of Contents
- Assessment Appeal Boards
- Assessment Appeal Hearing and Procedures
- Assessment Trial
- Post-trial Motions and Appellate Review and Procedure
- Assessment Valuation Law
- Uniformity, Equalization, and Ratio Law
- Tax Payments and Assessment Settlements
- Countywide Reassessment
- Spot Assessment and Selective Reassessment
- Exemption Law and Procedure
- Assessment Procedure
- Preferential Land Assessments
- Tax Abatements and Miscellaneous Exemptions
- Index of Cases
- Statutory Index
- Subject Matter Index
Automatic Update ServiceThis book is included in PBI’s automatic update service.
PBI will publish supplements or new editions as appropriate to keep the book up to date.
We will send you a notice when a new edition is available.
You will then have the option to purchase the supplement or new edition at a discounted rate or decline the offer, with no further obligation.
If you would like to opt out of the automatic update service, log in to your PBI account, click on Your Account and select Account Home.
Then, click on Automatic Update Products. If you do not wish to receive automatic updates for any product, uncheck the box next to that product.
If you would like to opt in to the automatic update service for any product, check the box next to that product.