Featured in this Edition
- How to address 2020’s Revised Uniform Fiduciary Access to Digital Assets Act
- 23 updated sample forms—plus a new form covering a special purpose trust for a beneficiary with substance use disorder
- Information on powers of appointment, digital assets, business appraisals, and more
- Useful tasks and tips for drafting simple wills, lifetime trusts, trusts under wills, pour-over wills, durable powers of attorney, and codicils
- Ethics issues in estates practice
Sharpen Your Drafting Skills to Better Serve Your Clients
Each chapter uses a question-and-answer format to highlight the issues within each clause, offer solutions to common problems, and explain how to draft clauses for best effect.
- Avoid archaic, overly legalistic, and unnecessary language
- Avoid inconsistencies and conflicts in wills and trust documents
- Write clear and effective language for conditions
- Keep invalid, unenforceable, or inadvisable clauses out of the will
- Draft for sufficient flexibility without creating overbroad provisions
- Ensure that the will clauses carry out the wishes of the testator
- Competently handle delicate situations, such as unequal distributions, guardianship issues, adopted persons, and illegitimate children
- Properly include assets in a trust; pour-over devise to a previously unfunded trust
- Plus many more drafting tips and tools!
Automatic Update Service
This book is included in PBI’s automatic update service. PBI will publish supplements or new editions as appropriate to keep the book up to date. We will send you a notice when a new edition is available. You will then have the option to purchase the supplement or new edition at a discounted rate or decline the offer, with no further obligation.
If you would like to opt out of the automatic update service, log in to your PBI account, click on Your Account and select Account Home. Then, click on Automatic Update Products. If you do not wish to receive automatic updates for any product, uncheck the box next to that product. If you would like to opt in to the automatic update service for any product, check the box next to that product.