Lights, camera, action...
Hollywood portrays the courtroom in many ways, often absurdly incorrect. Retired Judge Mark Bernstein and highly respected attorney Larry Bendesky have found movie clips which they’ve deemed productive (whether realistic or not) for teaching evidence—so grab your popcorn and settle in for 3 hours of education with a splash of entertainment!
Join this duo as they use fact-patterns from popular movies to explain the laws and rules that may be of interest from the standpoint of evidentiary issues. They will also examine how popular culture plays into jurors’ preconceptions about the trial process.
You’ll receive clear guidance on the following:
- Differences between expert witness and lay witness testimony
- Admissibility of videotape evidence
- Requirements for introducing electronic evidence
- Unfair prejudice
- The rule against hearsay and its numerous exceptions
- Recent developments in expert testimony
- Various impeachment methods
- And more!
All attendees will receive the course book as a digital download.
Recorded in October 2023.