Invest in yourself: attend this year's Pennsylvania Public Utility Law Conference, a multifaceted event designed to take your career to the next level.
New developments and new directions in the Public Utility industry are the focus of two exceptional days of education and networking.
Both utility lawyers and regulators will find no better meeting in the state to gain access to some of the most experienced and respected panelists.
Five reasons you should attend this conference:
- Meet the new Commissioners.
- Brush up on recent caselaw.
- Attend workshops in targeted tracks focusing on electricity, natural gas, telecommunications, transportation and water.
- Hear from leaders in the public utility industry.
- Meet your annual CLE requirement with this one conference.
Take advantage of phenomenal networking.
- Network in the classrooms
- Reconnect during the breaks
- Grab a seat next to a colleague at the luncheon
- Make new connections at Thursday’s reception, co-sponsored by the PBA Public Utility Law Section
Choose the topics that matter most to you and your clients.
Timely and targeted classes taught by industry leaders and materials you will reference all year long, the Public Utility Law Conference offers you a one-of-a-kind educational experience. Reserve a seat today to attend these sessions and more:
- Meet the New Commissioners & Their Projects
- Utility Infrastructure & Funding
- Appellate Case Law Review
- Act 12: Water and Wastewater
- Renewables, Transmission and the Role of Natural Gas
- Ethical Issues in Pro Bono Work
- Exceptions and Post-Decision Pleadings
- Legislative Update
- Practice Tips from the OALJ
- FERC Update
- Right to Know Law
Vegan and gluten free meals are available but must be requested in advance. Contact Stacey Thomas at 800-932-4637 x6298 or by email .
Harrisburg Hilton & Towers
2nd & Market Streets
A small block of rooms has been reserved for this Conference. Contact the Hilton at (717) 233-6000 and use code PBIPUC to receive a reduced rate, $169 plus taxes. Or reserve your room online via link below. Rate guaranteed until 5/10/2023. Harrisburg Hilton
All attendees will receive the course materials as a digital download. A link will be emailed to all registrants prior to the meeting for downloading, viewing and printing of CLE materials. Printed versions of the course book are available for an additional $80. Call PBI customer service at 800-932-4637 for more information.
ProPass - does not apply to institute programs.
Public Interest Attorneys are eligible for our standard Public Interest Discount of 50%. Please visit our website for more information: Discounts, Scholarships & In-Home Study
Special thanks to our exceptional planning team.
- Hon. Elizabeth H. Barnes, PA Public Utility Commission
- Shelby A. Linton Keddie, Esq., Edison Electric Institute
- John F. Povilaitis, Esq., Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Chief Judge Charles E. Rainey Jr., PA Public Utility Commission
- David P. Zambito Esq., Cozen O'Connor
This program is co-sponsored with the PBA Public Utility Law Section . Not a member? Join today!
Section membership offers:
- Networking opportunities with both public and private counsel
- Free resources and lunch-and-learn programs on timely topics
- Access to Public Utility Commission Commissioners, statutory advocates and others in the Public Utility/Energy Bar – both as speakers and informally at receptions
- Leadership opportunities through Section Council membership
- Involvement in the Section’s sponsorship of the Christianson Award (for outstanding contributions to the development, improvement and advancement of the public utility law profession), Bench Bar/Public Utility Law Conference Reception, and charitable work
Membership in the PBA Public Utility Law Section is a worthwhile investment in your professional future! To learn if you qualify for FREE section membership, click here .