The Real Estate Law Event of the Year! 12 CLE CREDITS | 14 CPA | 12 CE
Join us live for the first time since 2019 at The CLE Conference Center located in the Wanamaker Building!
Now in its 27th year, the Real Estate Institute is the Pennsylvania Bar Institute’s flagship program on real estate law. You have come to rely on it to keep you up to date on all facets of the industry, and this year will be no different.
Catch up on the year's most significant case law, current legislation, practice fundamentals, trends, strategies, and techniques. In addition, get the invaluable electronic reference manual.
Something for everyone!
- Plenary - The Year in Review – Case Law Update
- PAR Agreement of Sale
- How ChatGPT May Impact the Future of Real Estate Practice - Ethics
- Eminent Domain
- Plenary – Philadelphia “State of the Real Estate Market"
- Plenary – Selected Ethical Considerations Applicable to Real Estate Transactions - Ethics
- What is New in the World of Tax Assessment Appeals?
- Critical Environmental Permits for Real Estate Development
- How do Electric Vehicles Impact Development and Land Use? - Ethics
- Structuring Real Estate Joint Ventures: A Path to Profitable Partnerships
- Navigating Philadelphia Licenses and Inspections Procedures
- Plenary – Risk Management for Real Estate Attorneys - How to A void Malpractice and Ethical Problems - Ethics
- The Challenges of Challenging a Zoning Ordinance
- Plain English for Real Estate Lawyers: Simple Principles to Achieve Clarity and Please Clients
- Residential Leases – Short & Long Term
- Fair Housing and Unenforceable Deed Restrictions - Ethics
- Real Estate Assessment
- Negotiating a Commercial Agreement of Sale
- Commercial Evictions and How to Avoid Them
- Real Estate Development Bonus Opportunities in Philadelphia
- Paperless on a Penny - Ethics
- Title Insurance – The New 2021 Policies
- A Mock Zoning Hearing Board
- Annual Condo/HOA Case Law and Legislative Update
- Distressed Commercial Real Estate: A Primer on Forbearance, Restructuring and Recovery
- Understanding Virtual Land and Digital Twin Properties
- Work it Out – Dealing with Defaulted Commercial Mortgage Loans
Topics subject to change
1031 Corp and Commonwealth Land Title Insurance Company
Commonwealth Land Title Insurance Company
Each day of this Institute has been approved by the Pennsylvania Continuing Legal Education Board for 6 hours of CLE credit (workshop choices will determine whether credits are substantive or ethics) and 7 hours of CPA credits.
This program has been approved by the Pennsylvania Insurance Department for 12 hours (6 hours each day) of continuing education credit.
ProPass - Online does not apply to institute programs delivered by webcast.
All attendees will receive the course book as a digital download. A printed copy of the course book is available, at a discount to attendees, for $60. Additional copies are available at full price. If you wish to purchase the printed version of the course book, please call PBI Customer Service at 800-932-4637. Printed versions of the course book will not be distributed at the course; please allow up to two weeks after the program for the printed versions of the course book to be shipped.