Join Ellen C. Brotman and Amy J. Coco, two experienced ethics attorneys, as they discuss the attorney disciplinary process in Pennsylvania and review local and national developments in professional responsibility and ethics.
In this session, they interview Hearing Committee Member Erica Kelly Curren of Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani.
Our hosts discuss the attorney disciplinary system from the point of view of a Hearing Committee Member. Hearing Committee Members are volunteer attorneys, appointed by the Disciplinary Board, to assist in the first, and most crucial, level of review of the facts and the law in a disciplinary matter.
All attendees will receive the course book as a digital download. A printed copy of the course book is available, at a discount to attendees, for $40. If you wish to purchase the printed version of the course book, please call PBI Customer Service at 800-932-4637.
- How to become a Hearing Committee Member
- The role of the Hearing Committee throughout the phases of the hearing process
- What defenses and evidence must be presented
- How Hearing Committees view and decide to sanction certain types of misconduct
- What goes into a Hearing Committee Report and Recommendation
Recorded in July 2022.